Preparing your Boat for Sale
Selling your boat can be made so much easier if you follow these simple guidelines. Preparing your boat and necessary papaerwork before listing with Quin's can save time and ensure less complications and possibly a better price.
- Consider antifouling before listing and get some photos of the underside
- Service the engine and ensure she starts easily and runs well in both gears
- Remove all excess gear from the boat, declutter ready for photos and viewings
- Check all instruments, radios and electronics for proper operation
- Update flares and safety gear and replace worn ropes with new clean lines
- Dry out the insides and sponge out the bilge, dehumidify if necessary
- Make up a folder to include registration documents, manuals and reciepts
- Copies of recent surveys, mechanical and rig reports are invaluable
- Clean, tidy and declutter and then clean, tidy and declutter again!!
- Identify the age of the rigging and provide reciepts if possible
- Keep your boat registration and insurance up to date.
What you see as important may not be the same as a prospective buyer, allow the broker to make suggestions regarding preparing your boat for sale.
Your Vessel Equipment list is your inventory and will be listed online. It will also be annexed to any sales agreement. It is important that this document is accurate and detailed. Email us today and we can send you both documents.